Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Ghost Work (ex-Seaweed, Minus The Bear, Milemarker, Snapcase members) stream full album ahead of Friday's release via Brooklyn Vegan

"Strikes a balance between ’90s post-hardcore and ’90s indie rock, with a little post-punkiness in the mix too. Given these members’ pedigrees, a song like this is right in their wheelhouse, but it’s also not really a repeat of anything any of them have done before. It’s good stuff." -- Brooklyn Vegan

"A delicious blend of punk rock/post-punk goodness." -- PopMatters


Indie-punk supergroup Ghost Work are streaming their forthcoming debut full length starting today via Brooklyn Vegan. Hear and share You'll Be Buried With album HERE. The album will be out this Friday, June 5th on cassette and via Bandcamp, Spotify, Apple Music.

Ghost Work is a new band from current and ex-members of Seaweed, Minus the Bear, Snapcase and Milemarker among others. The band brings their unique styles to the table along with various other punk and post-punk influences. Anyone familiar with vocalist/guitarist Aaron Stauffer's 90s work with Seaweed, Gardener (Sub Pop) and others will immediately recognize his voice the moment it drops in over a haze of chiming and chirping shoegaze guitars and the driving rhythm section in album opener "Fake Blood." 

You'll Be Buried With is the band's debut full length, recorded in various locations from Washington DC, Chicago, Seattle, Buffalo and Mendocino. It was mixed by Chris Rakestraw (Danzig, Megadeth, Retox, Deftones) in December 2019. 

Ghost Work is:
Aaron Stauffer (ex-Seaweed) - vocals, guitar
Dustin Perry (Snapcase) - bass guitar
Sean Husick (ex-Milemarker) - guitars
Erin Tate (ex-Minus The Bear) - drums

Here is what Stauffer had to say in a recent interview with No Echo:

"Ghost Work, yes. I don't know any of the other guys in that band [laughs]. I've only spoken to Sean [Husick], the dude that was in Milemarker. I got an email from Erin [Tate], the guy who was in Minus the Bear, and he was like, "I got your email from so and so, and I hope I'm not intruding, but here's some music, see if you like it, and if you want to sing on it." I remember reading that to my wife and saying, "This is going to be terrible." [Laughs] I saw Snapcase mentioned in the email, and I thought it was going to be like a hardcore band. I don't mean that it was going to be terrible because it was hardcore, it just wasn't going to be right for me as a singer. Anyway, I heard the music and I was like, "Wow! This is really good." The guitar playing is super- interesting, and it reminded me of My Bloody Valentine or Cocteau Twins, you know? "I can totally sing on this!" It's been so much fun because in Seaweed, I only wrote about 10% of the songs, max, maybe for like 5% to be realistic. Most of the time I was just singing over someone else's riffs, and that's pretty much the only band I've played in where that was the case. So, it's been fun to be doing that again with Ghost Work. Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with this band." 

You'll Be Buried With will be released June 5th, 2020 via the IDEAS label. 




Artist: Ghost Work
Album: You’ll Be Buried With
Record Label: IDEAS 
Release Date: June 5th, 2020

01. Fake Blood
02. Go Stat
03. Favored Routes
04. Statues in Spain
05. Bricks of Sun
06. Greeting from Gates
07.Salt From Tears
08. Contact Contract
09. B. Ledgewood
10. Confession on 6











On The Web:












No comments: